Friday, September 2, 2011

PAX Prime 2011 - Costumed Characters Part 1!

This is where I salute all those people who are brave enough to dress up at as their favorite character and come to PAX. It can't be easy wearing an elaborate getup all day, nor getting requests from the paparazzi to take your photograph. Bravo to you all!

I will now show my complete inability to identify all of the characters they dressed up as. I have conveniently numbered each picture so it's easier to tell me how silly I am for not recognizing a particular costume.
1. An unbelievably cute ninja outfit next to the Mass Effect 3 advertisement. No clue as to what game this is from.
2. Ninja lady next to the robot from destructoid.
3. One more picture of the ninja lady, from later on in the day.
4. One of the several marines standing around the Colonial Marines display. We'll see more of them later.
5. A maid...kitten outfit? I'm confused as to where it's from, but it's very cute.

6. Gordon Freeman, of course. I still have one of the pamphlets he was handing out somewhere. I also discovered that Gordon Freeman apparently DOES have the power of speech! Amazing!
7. Apparently the cogs have fallen on hard times.
8. Looks like spartans from Halo to me. It's hard to read what the sign she's holding is saying - it says Academy of Interactive Entertainment. The costume was even cooler before the red trooper put the helmet on - she's a red head!
9. This death star guard was holding up an Ewok. Apparently you need lots of ice to support a heavy costume like this all day. For some reason, the Ewok is sporting a Prototype 2 blade. :)
10. Oh noes! She's been captured!
11. Spider man's checking his cell phone. Even he needs to text!
12. Um, yeah. If you don't know what this is, I don't think I should tell you.
13. It's Princess Peach! The umbrella made the costume.
14. The tick and his side kick Arthur. (I had to look that up, could you tell?)
15. Not sure, but her steampunky costume is impressive. She must have felt like she was walking on stilts all day.
16. Um, yeah. No idea. Help, anyone?
17. I've never played it, but this lady is from From Dust. It's a super neat costume.
18.Not sure about this one either. Very nicely done, also very cute.
19. This lady just stepped out of a horror movie. It doesn't look like she's planning on getting any hands on time with any of the games...
20. This lady was handing out fliers at the War Inc. booth. I really like her boots. The game is free to play, so it's worth a try.
21. Probably mages from Magicka.
22. I really liked the mask on this outfit. Not sure what character it's for, though.
23. Not sure about this one either. A PS3 game, perhaps?
24. To infinity, and beyond! Buzz Lightyear, away! Ok, he doesn't really say that. But it still might work.
25. I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be Ivy from Soul Calibur. It's a really cool costume.
26. Spider man, bustin' a move.
27. Workin' it for that camera. :)
28. This has to be Cammy, from Street Fighter. I couldn't get a straight on shot, because I was too busy trying a get a good shot of Commander Shepherd. :)
29. One of the best costumes there - femshep, or Commander Shepherd, from the Mass Effect series. Apparently she's a part of a group called Crab Cat that makes their own costumes. Awesome! I wish I had that level of talent.
30. Chell twins from the Portal series. Awesome!
31. Some people go to PAX for the games. Others go for the Swag.
32. The cheerleader from Lollipop Chainsaw. We're talking a cheerleader with chainsawing up zombies. What more do you need?
33. An impostor Joker from the Gotham City Impostors booth. There were twins, but I unfortunately didn't get a picture of both of them together. :(  She was a much better announcer at the booth when she ran it versus the guy not in costume they had there. She sounded a lot more interested in the game than he did. I guess the awesome costume really does make a difference!
34. A mushroom from Mario? Not quite sure. I like the arm holes in the sides. :)
35. She's a lady. With a halberd. Better not say anything bad about her, or she might cut you. Seriously.
And that's all the energy I have for now. There's another thirty pictures of awesome costumes I'll post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment